Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, March 22, 2010

Answered Prayers

The MckLinky blog hop theme for this Monday is "ANSWERED PRAYERS". It's always encouraging to hear stories about how prayer was answered... sometimes dramatically, sometimes more subtle. Please join us and share your story, you might win a prize!

My story begins on the 21st anniversary of my Mothers passing. I was driving along and speaking to my Mothers memory. I shared with her my hopes and dreams. I wondered what she would think of all the changes in the world since she left. In closing I asked her that if she had any pull with the cosmos, if she could send me a nice guy that I could relate to. I had been single for over 10 years at that point and had all but given up on ever meeting anyone that I could connect with .

The very next night I attended a party at a friends house. The minute I walked in the door, I locked eyes with a stranger and before long we were chatting throughout the night. That was three years ago and we have been together ever since. We have so much in common, and he facinates me in so many ways.

The really magical part of this story, was that I had recently ( and for the first time) looked at the personal ads on craigslist and saw an ad that really appealed to me. I thought to myself, I think this could be the guy for me, but I never answered his ad. The party I went to was all my friends I had known for years. This was the first time I had met a stranger at one of our regular get togethers. I realized after our first date, that he was the guy in the ad. What was the chances that we would ever meet in this huge city and that we would hit it off as well as I knew we would. I have no doubt that my Mother pulled some strings for me.

* update.. this post was chosen to be included in an article about different peoples experiences with prayer  50 Beautiful Blog Posts on Answered Prayer . Check it out for more uplifting stories.
Blessings,

MckLinky Blog Hop

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow...I love it when the Lord match-makes...what a God-incident. I pray the Lord may bless your lives with much joy!

    http://energizerbunnysmommyreports.blogspot.com/2010/03/bunny-girls-answered-prayer-mcklinky.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment,I love to hear what you think of my post.