Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Inspiration Mondays : Bathrooms

I love water. It soothes and refreshes me, it cradles me in a weightless dream,it recharges my soul.
Every house I have ever designed has been designed around the bathroom. I want a spa, an oasis of relaxation. Here are some bathroom components that inspire me.

I love this sink on a burl!
I really like the sinks in an old dresser look as well

How would you like to have this for a bathroom floor?
Hmm , I should paint an underwater seascape on mine.
I like bathtubs stuffed into nooks. I would rather they be in their own space apart from the toilet fixtures
I like the lighting effect they did, I might incorporate that idea into the front of my tub



A chandalier in the bathroom just screams luxurious comfort
Rustic, but I like it
This is my favorite tub picture, I want this room so bad
The first time I saw this, I had to have one. Its a shower/steamroom/sauna all in one. They were four thousand dollars and only available from the states. Out of my reach finacially unfortunately.
I did manage to get this one though, in Canada and
 on sale for twelve hundred. Its sitting in a box in storage just waiting to get installed. I can't wait, its a shower/steam room with jacuzzi jets on the wall. I will be spending time in that baby for sure!
I love little unusual cabinets. I would like to set up a workshop to build things like this. Here are some cute bathroom accessories


I love the shabby house toilet paper holder!

And then there is always the outdoor bathing experience. Nothing like a good soak in the hot tub after a hard days work!

I love this little patio for sunbathing
Here are the plans for it

This great site has all kinds of little cute cabinets for sale. I want them all!
http://www.homedecorativeitems.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_26

More seriously cute shabby chic stuff to decorate with.
http://www.barkleyfurniture.com/a1agiftsnew/shabbyelegance/index.html

With all this inspiration, it will be interesting to see what I end up with. It will definately be a room for the senses.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all of the home decorating ideas. You've compiled a nice group of pictures. They really helped me narrow down what I want to do with my bathroom. Great work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment,I love to hear what you think of my post.